What is The Work?
The Work is a simple and extremely powerful process of inquiry that supports you to identify and question the thoughts that cause suffering. It’s a way to understand what’s hurting or bothering you, and to address the cause of your problems with clarity. The Work consists of four questions and the turnarounds. It’s mindblowing….. literally.
During the retreat we will do The Work on many aspects of our lives such as family, relationships, health, work, money, communication, ageing, stress and will also explore our self-limiting beliefs around self-stigma and shame. This cumulative curriculum will guide participants through a journey of self-discovery, looking at beliefs that hold us back and show up in all aspects of our lives. We will work in a group, in pairs and alone.
Credit for ITW candidates has been applied for and will be confirmed shortly.
The process of the Work is simple, yet incredibly powerful and can be summarized in three steps:
Step 1: Identify a stressful belief. For example, “He doesn’t like me”
Step 2: Ask the four questions
“He doesn’t like me”
- Is it true? (Yes or no. If no, move to 3.)
- Can you absolutely know that it's true? (Yes or no.)
- How do you react, what happens, when you believe that thought?
- Who would you be without the thought?
Step 3: Turn it around and for each turnaround find three genuine, honest examples
- Turnaround to the Opposite - "He does like me” - What are three genuine, honest examples that he does like me?
- Turnaround to the Other - "I don’t like him" - What are three genuine, honest examples that I don't like him?
- Turnaround to Yourself - "I don’t like me" - What are three genuine, honest examples that I don't like myself?
More information about The Work at: www.thework.com